“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go” Joshua 1:9

January 18, 2015

Dear Diary: Letters from Macmerry

14th January 2015

The Task: Looking after three children for ten days.

The Reason: Parents away in China (12 hours away!!)

Dear Diary,

Sorry it has taken me so long to write this. I have been very busy getting used to Edinburgh city, and then now with the Riley children :D They are very well-behaved kids, but sometimes they get into a bouncy mood and are hard to calm down. I try to help them with their home-schooling, and I think it is working out well. However, It is hard to tell if I am actually helping :D I have learnt that when they get into a jumpy mood, which is usually when tired or hungry, I get them to play a game. I got this game on my phone called 'Heads Up', and they love it!! It is kinda like charades.

Today we went to the Tranent library, which is one bus stop away from here in Macmerry. It is a county outside of Edinburgh. The library wasn't too large, but there were many books packed into the one building. Lots of childrens books, and I got a Famous Five DVD and a recipe book. Elisha likes cooking, so we are are planning to bake a lemon drizzle cake tomorrow. I think we all enjoyed our little excursion. However, the only downer was having to wait half an hour at the bus stop for the bus to come. Should have planned that better!!!

I am writing this post at 11p.m. at night. The wind is howling outside, and the letter hole on the door downstairs keeps opening and closing from the wind. It feels quite scary, but we all know God is watching over us. We just finished reading our daily Winnie-Ther-Pooh story, which was one where he rolls in the mud and flies up in a balloon and calls himself a cloud. He does this because he is looking for honey in a bee hive:)

Anyway, I must read now. Or go to sleep, whichever one comes first. The wind can keep you up all night, as it did on my first night here... So, hence why we are all staying up reading. (Eliaas is asleep) I am hoping that we will all get really sleepy and will forget about the wind. Let's hope that happens anyway...

Till next time,

Laura

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment