“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go” Joshua 1:9

July 12, 2013

Day Twelve: Myrland to Oslo

12th July 2013

The weather today was again perfect. Sunny, and even a bit warm! I was prepared to wear a skirt this morning, but the morning was still cool so I boiled later in the day from wearing three quarter length pants:)) The trip had the most amazing scenery, and I think that as we were more in the center of Norway, rather than near the coast, we did not see as many mountains.

I was allowed to sleep in abit, and so I tried to make the most of it. After we had breakfast we cleaned up the place a little: just vaccumed and cleaned the bathroom. Saved ourselves 200 krona:) Altogether that cabin was a little less than a pair of shoes. Really, what more do you need? There was a fireplace, tv, sitting area, fully-equiped kitchen, two bedrooms with bunk beds and a bathroom. It was quite cosy:))

The scenery along the way.




A vikings church built in the 1100s. We had to stop because we passed this building on the way from the motorway and Harri said that it was the picture in the tourist guide. So, it was a sight to see... Apparently:) The church was actually in this viking water park area, so we had to pay a small fee. But it was worth it I think. The church used to be yellow, and is made of wood and tar.

At this place Harri and I also went down a zip-line. It wasn't very long, but there was lovely views. We also went through these houses that Vikings must have used, probably a copy. It was enjoyable, and I would have like to stayed longer to swim, but we didn't have time.

After a few hours we got to Oslo, and found our hotel. The hotel was nice, but not as nice as I thought it would be.

Tomorrow, Oslo attractions!

Now, you are uptodate:)

Laura.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment